Welcome to Inventory: a monthly column in which we take a moment to look back at the past few weeks and highlight articles that I have written that may be worth a second glance. From the archives of Optigrab, The Oscar Buzz, and CinemaBeach, the following is what I feel to be the Top 10 articles that I have written in any given month and feel the need to highlight. Also covered will be any known details on what will be coming up in the month ahead. So without further ado, let's take inventory and see what I have to say.
![]() |
| Rosamund Pike |
Source: Readwave
Comments: Gone Girl was one of the few breakout hits of the Fall thanks to a very twisted plot. I also believe that Amy Dunne's character is one of the best, most iconic performances of the year for a lot of very good reasons.
![]() |
| Samuel L. Jackson |
Article: Is Pulp Fiction Overrated?
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: This past month saw the 20th anniversary of Quentin Tarantino's beloved film Pulp Fiction. In this hypothetical piece, I explore whether or not the film deserves all that great words.
![]() |
| Michael Keaton |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: With a lot of top notch performers and a very impressive gimmick, there's a question on whether Birdman can get any Oscars. However, I choose to explore why it's really good, but probably not as great as everyone claims.
Source: Rant Lifestyle
Comments: I began writing for Rant Lifestyle, which means my topics will be more diverse and sometimes not focus on pop culture. This particular one is a little baffling because why would anyone pay that much to buy food online?
![]() |
| Ryan Gosling |
Article: In Defense of Original Soundtracks
Source: Readwave
Comments: There's a new version of Drive that aired last month with a totally new soundtrack, and it bugged me a bit. I decided to explore why music choice is important to not mess with, as it establishes tone.
![]() |
| Bryan Cranston |
Article: War Rages On Over Breaking Bad Toys
Source: Rant Lifestyle
Comments: In a weird story of what can be sold where, Breaking Bad toys are being pulled from the shelves of Toys R Us. Do we still know that we're fighting over a piece of plastic?
![]() |
| Jeffrey Tambor |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: It is one of the best new series of 2014 and puts Amazon in the game for quality original programming. Here's a wrap-up of why it's something that you should definitely check out.
Source: Readwave
Comments: With the recent release of Gone Girl, I decided to explore the various directorial combos that make sweet music together. It's an excellent piece that should get you to check out some awesome soundtracks.
![]() |
| Chelsea Handler |
Source: Rant Lifestyle
Comments: The comedian recently released a picture of her naked on a horse while breaking Instagram's basic rules. It's being called sexist, but what it really is is stupid.
![]() |
| Bradley Cooper |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: I have seen this trailer many times since and I still think it is amazing. Just look at the way it is edited together so flawlessly.
What to Expect November 2014
Ongoing coverage of potential Oscar nominees as well as breaking news












Comments
Post a Comment