Welcome to Inventory: a monthly column in which we take a moment to look back at the past few weeks and highlight articles that I have written that may be worth a second glance. From the archives of Optigrab, The Oscar Buzz, and CinemaBeach, the following is what I feel to be the Top 10 articles that I have written in any given month and feel the need to highlight. Also covered will be any known details on what will be coming up in the month ahead. So without further ado, let's take inventory and see what I have to say.
![]() |
| Robin Williams |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: With the unfortunate passing of Robin Williams this month, I decided to make an elaborate tribute to his many accomplishments. It spans four entries and is a rather in depth, personal ode to a man of many talents.
![]() |
| Left to right: Bruce Dern and Alexander Payne |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: In a strange publicity move, the movie channel Epix broadcasted a colored version of Nebraska. This is a piece exploring the mental differences between the two versions as well as the benefit of black and white in making something more powerful.
Source: Optigrab
Comments: For those interested in TV, this year's Emmy Awards telecast was a reflection of just how out of touch the voters are. The term comedy gets stretched rather far.
![]() |
| Ian McShane |
Article: TV Retrospective:: Deadwood
Source: Optigrab
Comments: Every now and then I will review an older series that I am in need on catching up on. In this particular instance, I finally saw Deadwood and was thoroughly impressed with it to the point that I felt that it deserved a write-up.
![]() |
| Mickey Rourke |
Article: Is Robert Rodriguez an Auteur?
Source: Optigrab
Comments: While Sin City: A Dame to Kill For may not be all that successful at the box office, it did raise the question on whether Robert Rodriguez should be considered an auteur of b-movie homages. For people like me who buy into his silliness, the answer is yes.
Source: Readwave
Comments: With the FXX marathon recently wrapped up, I took this opportunity to talk about why the series continues to spark interest after 25 years. It isn't just the strange stories or commentary that has made it so endearing.
![]() |
| James Gandolfini |
Source: Readwave
Comments: With recent conversation regarding "Is Tony Soprano still alive?" becoming prominent, I take this opportunity to discuss why definitive conclusions aren't necessary. In fact, a thematic ending creates something a lot more satisfying.
What to Expect in September 2014
![]() |
| Michael Keaton |
Weekly discussion of films being released during the Oscar season
A TV Retrospective on HBO series The Leftovers
Channel Surfing columns on all of the new TV series of Fall 2014
![]() |
| Karen O |
A CD Review of the new album from Karen O called "Crush Songs"
A TV Retrospective on season two of the Netflix series Orange is the New Black













Comments
Post a Comment