Welcome to Inventory: a monthly column in which we take a moment to look back at the past few weeks and highlight articles that I have written that may be worth a second glance. From the archives of Optigrab, The Oscar Buzz, and CinemaBeach, the following is what I feel to be the Top 10 articles that I have written in any given month and feel the need to highlight. Also covered will be any known details on what will be coming up in the month ahead. So without further ado, let's take inventory and see what I have to say.
![]() |
| Meryl Streep |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: While she definitely has an impressive body of work, I do have issues with people calling Meryl Streep the greatest actress. It isn't because I find her overrated, but because there are a lot of other talented young performers out there worthy of your recognition.
![]() |
| Left to right: Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: I don't know exactly what the appeal of is for 22 Jump Street. However, there are interesting parallels between it and Scream 2 that I felt were worth checking out.
![]() |
| Left to right: Parker Young, Geoff Stults, and Chris Lowell |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: While it started off a little wobbly, by the end of its brief run, Enlisted managed to become one of the best series of the year and the best cancelled series of 2014. With plenty of heart, humor, and a solid cast, the show has proven itself to be something that TV was lacking and will be sorely missed as time continues.
![]() |
| Justin Theroux |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: In the past week, it has become one of the most talked about shows of the summer with its brand of apocalyptic drama that is dark and strange. It offers a lot of promise but there is still some skepticism on if it will continue to deliver everything from here on out.
Article: Review:: How to Train Your Dragon 2 is a Perfect Cinematic Thrill Ride that Challenges the Medium
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: As someone who enjoys animated film, I will admit that it has been awhile since there has been one that has totally impressed me and made me believe in the medium. Upon walking out of this film, I am ready to say it is one of the best in years and my favorite of 2014 so far.
| Left to right: Thomas Middleditch and Josh Brenner |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: The latest comedy series from Mike Judge didn't produce a lot of episodes, but by the end of its run, managed to give out hope of something greater. Ending with a string of great episodes, I can only hope that this series returns so that we can finally get to one of the most interesting new shows of 2014.
![]() |
| Angelina Jolie |
Source: Readwave
Comments: In the modern age, Disney has made a market out of making new films that appeal to their old films in order to make twice as much money. The only thing is that it isn't nearly as bad or as great as you'd probably expect, as it does the trick effectively.
![]() |
| Lana Del Rey |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: One of the most interesting pop singers of the current moment has released a new album and is closer to reaching her potential as a master of cinematic cynicism pop songs. The results aren't perfect yet, but the album is worth listening to for the moments that make you see her full potential.
Source: Optigrab
Comments: For majority of people of my generation, The Lion King remains an unprecedented unifying factor when it comes to music, story, and overall iconography. The film recently turned 20 and even at this age, is still better than a lot of the animated musicals that have come out since.
![]() |
| Left to right: Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: I am proud to announce my new column about movies that are great alternatives to what is currently in cinema. In honor of The Fault in Our Stars, I decided to look at 50/50 and its impressive contemporary look at being young and having cancer in the modern age.
What to Expect in July 2014
For all of July, join The Oscar Buzz for the daily countdown of The Directors Project
![]() |
| Left to right: Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan |
Coming Wednesday, July 16 - The return of the TV Recap series on Showtime series Masters of Sex












Comments
Post a Comment