Welcome to Inventory: a monthly column in which we take a moment to look back at the past few weeks and highlight articles that I have written that may be worth a second glance. From the archives of Optigrab, The Oscar Buzz, and CinemaBeach, the following is what I feel to be the Top 10 articles that I have written in any given month and feel the need to highlight. Also covered will be any known details on what will be coming up in the month ahead. So without further ado, let's take inventory and see what I have to say.
![]() |
| Bryan Cranston |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: We reach the end of one of the greatest dramas in TV history with a look back on everything, and we mean everything, about what made the show unique and fun to watch. With exception to some occasional references, this will be the end of this blog's extended pieces on Breaking Bad.
![]() |
| Tom Hanks |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: On top of presenting an established theory that I have had for most of the year, my piece was picked up as a source in a New York Times article that really helped traffic. I am proud of the theory and am personally glad that it was able to be used by such a prestigious journalistic site.
Source: Optigrab
Comments: I was excited to review this episode largely because I was a big fan of Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23 and while Eric Andre's other work is a little more absurd, it was worth exploring. However, nothing quite topped him responding to me on Twitter in some form of disgust, which at least justified me knowing that he at least knew my thoughts on the ABC series.
![]() |
| Lupita Nyong'o |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: One of my most anticipated movies of this year and also one of the best is Steve McQueen's latest that shows an unapologetic look at slavery you won't forget. Expect it to win awards season months before the nominations are even announced.
![]() |
| Left to right: Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: It almost seemed like a miracle that a trilogy that took 18 years to tell the whole story would work as perfectly and beautifully as Before Midnight does. It is a fitting end to the Before series and most of all the end to one of the ultimate epics on what it means to be in love.
![]() |
| Javier Bardem |
Article: An Analysis on Anton Chigurh
Source: Films with Friends
Comments: With the release of Inside Llewyn Davis rapidly approaching, Mike and I decided to take a look at our favorite characters from the Coen Brothers cannon. I chose Anton Chigurh, which not only made Academy Award history, but also is probably their most bizarre, unapologetic, intriguing character that they ever put to screen.
Source: Optigrab
Comments: With this new ABC spin-off, I reached a moral dilemma that caused me to explore just what this show was really wanting to go for and why it felt like the most inessential thing on TV especially with lackluster CGI. It isn't too much of a surprise that it has been rumored to be nearing cancellation with declining ratings in the past few weeks.
![]() |
| Sandra Bullock |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: Alfonso Cuaron's latest is worth every piece of praise and hype that it has received thanks to amazing direction and groundbreaking special effects. It also helps that it has since gotten unprecedented Oscar traction and may be putting Sandra Bullock as a serious contender in ways that the Blind Side totally wasn't doing.
![]() |
| Katy Perry |
Article: Review:: Katy Perry - "Prism"
Source: Optigrab
Comments: As part of my expansion into reviewing more music, I look at the latest from Katy Perry and ponder the mysteries to why she is so successful while getting progressively less personal. It is a strange correlation to the rise of her religious themes that makes her music more intriguing, but the cliches are definitely keeping her from feeling too authentic.
Source: Optigrab
Comments: It was the film that while invariably suffered from misleading promotion, still managed to make for one surreal story of a breakdown at the happiest place on earth. It may have some issues, but it manages to succeed just in its audacity and skill to film in places most people would never dream to shoot.
What to Expect: November 2013
![]() |
| Left to right: Tim Heidecker, Zach Galifianakis, and Eric Wareheim |
Coming Friday, November 1: A Channel Surfing column on the new series Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories
Coming Sunday, November 3: A music review of Bad Religion's "Christmas Songs"
![]() |
| Left to right: Octavia Spencer and Julianne Hough |
![]() |
| James Franco |
Coming Monday, November 4: A review on the James Franco film adaptation of William Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying"
Coming Tuesday, November 5: A music review of Eminem's latest album "The Marshall Mathers LP 2"
Coming Thursday, November 7: A music review of M.I.A.'s latest album "Matangi"
![]() |
| Sophie Nelisse |
Coming Thursday, November 7: A look at the new film the Book Thief
![]() |
| Dana Gould |
Coming Friday, November 8: A Channel Surfing column on the new Dana Gould special "I Know It's Wrong"
Coming Tuesday, November 12: A music review on Lady GaGa's new album "Artpop"
| Left to right: D.L. Hughley and Michael Ian Black |
![]() |
| Sarah Silverman |
Coming Monday, November 25: A Channel Surfing column on the new stand-up special from Sarah Silverman called "We Are Miracles"





















Comments
Post a Comment