Welcome to Inventory: a monthly column in which we take a moment to look back at the past few weeks and highlight articles that I have written that may be worth a second glance. From the archives of Optigrab, The Oscar Buzz, and CinemaBeach, the following is what I feel to be the Top 10 articles that I have written in any given month and feel the need to highlight. Also covered will be any known details on what will be coming up in the month ahead. So without further ado, let's take inventory and see what I have to say.
Source: Optigrab
Comments: One of the greatest animated sci-fi satires of all time ended its second life this month, and it was a rather sad ending. Even if the Comedy Central era wasn't as great as the Fox episodes, there is plenty of merit in its existence, and it doesn't make the ending that much easier to accept.
![]() |
| Joseph Gordon-Levitt |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: I will admit that when I started this blog last year, I had no intention for it to become one of the mainstays for my writing on all things regarding awards speculation. To celebrate, I take a break from my usual routine to highlight some favorite directors who have released their debuts post-2000, which makes for some interesting suggestions.
![]() |
| Chiwetel Ejiorfir |
Source: The Oscar Buzz
Comments: In an attempt to make this Oscar Buzz season a little more interesting, I have attempted to pick the nominees (not yet confident on picking winners) in the top categories based on what little promotion and knowledge that we have so far. In an ironic move, three titles from my list have gone on to be pushed back to 2014, and thus makes my list somewhat frayed now.
Article: Top 20 Breaking Bad Fan Videos
Source: Optigrab
Comments: Yes, this month's Inventory will be Breaking Bad heavy, and this is probably one of my favorite things to compile largely because I have been enamored by the creativity that goes into these fan videos. I mix plenty of edited footage with original skits and songs in hopes of getting the variety covered, and I feel I am successful in that.
Source: Optigrab
Comments: I think that Legel's become one of the best writers on modern film culture ever since I picked up his "Film Critic" book earlier this year. I like his latest effort "See Change," which tackles the subject in a lot of great detail. Of course, I am just psyched to know my praise got to the author.
![]() |
| Left to right: Giovanni Ribis and Seth Green |
Article: Channel Surfing:: Dads - "Pilot"
Source: Optigrab
Comments: As I covered a lot of new shows this past month and will continue in October, I have had the pleasure of watching some interesting new projects. I still can't find anything that's more terribly annoying than Dads, and while the Goldbergs comes close, at least it panders in a less obnoxious way.
![]() |
| Dean Norris |
Article: Breaking Half:: "Ozymandias"
Source: Optigrab
Comments: With the recent departure of Breaking Bad, it is time to reflect on what the best episodes were, and "Ozymandias" came fast and hard and quickly moved to the top. I will miss doing recaps of the show, though at least I got to cover this masterpiece of an episode.
![]() |
| Left to right: Krysten Ritter and Aaron Paul |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: Check out my sidebar on Breaking Bad to see the full list of my Top 50 Breaking Bad Characters that was quite a fun farewell project for the show that I felt made it easier to assess the show's success. The Top 10 is especially interesting as it features some characters that aren't crucial beyond season three and is officially now featuring 80% dead characters.
![]() |
| Emma Watson |
Source: Films with Friends
Comments: Check out our recent conversation regarding the new plan to make a "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" movie by looking at two of the Harry Potter cast members who have had a successful career in the years since. I chose Emma Watson, who has had the best track record with Perks of Being a Wallflower and the Bling Ring.
![]() |
| Left to right: Andre Braugher and Andy Samberg |
Source: Optigrab
Comments: In the process of watching all of the new shows in the Fall 2013 line-up, I have come across my current favorite of the batch: Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I have also added it to the TV Recap series and it has remained consistently entertaining and is worth checking out if you're into solid cop comedies.
What to Expect: October 2013
Coming Tuesday, October 1: The return of Bob's Burgers to the TV Recap series which will continue every Tuesday
![]() |
| Paul |
Coming Wednesday, October 2: A retrospective on the series Breaking Bad
![]() |
| Stephen Merchant |
![]() |
| Chelsea Peretti |
![]() |
| Rebel Wilson |
Coming Friday, October 4: A Channel Surfing column on ABC's latest Super Fun Night
![]() |
| Tom Hanks |
Coming Monday, October 7: A look at the new Tom Hanks vehicle Captain Phillips
Coming Friday, October 11: A Channel Surfing column on ABC's latest Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
![]() |
| Andrew Lincoln |
Coming Monday, October 14: The fourth installment in the Zombies Can Be Fun series trying to understand the zombies phenomenon
![]() |
| Javier Bardem |
Coming Tuesday, October 22: A look at the new Ridley Scott film the Counselor
![]() |
| Pete Holmes |
Coming Thursday, October 31: A Channel Surfing column on TBS' latest the Pete Holmes Show





















Comments
Post a Comment