The Quick Version: Favorite Movies

In an attempt to compile a modern list of my Top 100 Favorite Movies, I went to my IMDB ratings page and copied everything receiving a 5 or higher. From there, I went through the 150+ titles and eliminated which ones weren't that high on my list. It was very hard and a lot of great choices missed the cut.


But, this was a hasty version of Top 100, so I hope you don't judge so harsh. I tried to make it as concise as possible, but no guarantees. Yes, "Juno" is probably number one and yes, there are that many romantic comedies in the Top 15.
I apologize for not being diverse and scanning too much into early cinema or horror (though the original "Frankenstein" was in the running). I am trying to be a laureate and know as much as I can humanly can without losing touch with society.
And at the same time, I love the gift of opinion. It helps to make life and the conflicts fun. What made my list probably didn't make yours, but do notice that you develop my personality by these rankings. And I guess somehow, that means I'm a pop culture obsessed romantic.
Trust me, every single spot on there is subject to change, but without further interruptions, here is my hasty top 100 (to be edited at a later date)


1. Juno
2. The Dark Knight
3. Chasing Amy
4. Annie Hall
5. High Fidelity
6. Kill Bill: Vol. 1
7. Funny People
8. This Is Spinal Tap
9. Happy Gilmore
10. Taxi Driver
11. Toy Story
12. Office Space
13. Clerks
14. Sin City
15. Toy Story 2
16. The Truman Show
17. The Jerk
18. (500) Days of Summer
19. Snatch.
20. Animal House
21. Shaun of the Dead
22. Caddyshack
23. Good Will Hunting
24. Duck Soup
25. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
26. Kill Bill: Vol. 2
27. Memento
28. The Blues Brothers
29. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
30. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
31. Goodfellas
32. Wayne’s World
33. Spider-Man 2
34. Grosse Pointe Blank
35. Reservoir Dogs
36. Burn After Reading
37. Ed Wood
38. Take the Money and Run
39. The Naked Gun
40. Knocked Up
41. The Shining
42. Kick-Ass
43. Tropic Thunder
44. Lost in Translation
45. L.A. Story
46. Men in Black
47. Pulp Fiction
48. Sleeper
49. Up in the Air
50. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
51. Ghost World
52. Airplane!
53. Mean Girls
54. Psycho (1960)
55. Pineapple Express
56. Hellboy
57. Rushmore
58. Twelve Monkeys
59. The Nightmare Before Christmas
60. Adventureland
61. Brazil
62. Ghost Busters
63. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
64. A Clockwork Orange
65. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
66. Blazing Saddles
67. Scarface
68. The Royal Tenenbaums
69. Meet the Parents
70. Vacation
71. Team America
72. The King of Comedy
73. Groundhog Day
74. The Big Lebowski
75. Scary Movie
76. Role Models
77. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
78. Young Frankenstein
79. A Night at the Opera
80. American Pie
81. Hot Rod
82. Fantastic Mr. Fox
83. The Runaways
84. All of Me
85. Barton Fink
86. Evil Dead II
87. Walk Hard
88. Bananas
89. Up in Smoke
90. Hard Candy
91. King Kong (1933)
92. Harvey
93. Y tu mama tambien
94. Cloverfield
95. Heathers
96. South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
97. Bruno
98. Fanboys
99. Bring it On
100. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

I know a lot of you are wondering "How did 'Bring It On' beat those better titles?" I will be honest with you, I was blown away by how awesome the movie was. It was both satire and homage to the sport and had enough sass to make me laugh and think. Trust me, "Clueless" had the same effect for awhile.
And yes, I think I didn't include any Anne Hathaway work on here. Though I do want you all to know the segments with her in "Rachel Getting Married" are some of my favorite movie moments to not make this list.
And "Harvey"... it's with James Stewart and I demand you to see this perfection. Even though better movies have come out, I will keep it in my list simply to promote it.

Comments